Recognizing the importance of providing students with opportunities to make valuable connections to the work world in a career related to their area of study, the University of Calgary Students’ Union is proud to sponsors the Student’s Union Program for Education Related Work (SUPER Work) through Quality Money.
SUPER Work provides a $1000 wage subsidy award to undergraduate University of Calgary students earning less than a competitive wage at a summer employment position related to their degree program.
- SUPER Work encourages students to pursue career related summer employment.
- SUPER Work provides a wage subsidy of $1000 to students receiving an hourly wage under $12.50 per hour in their work related summer job.
Am I eligible?
- Applicants must be current full-time University of Calgary undergraduate students, taking a minimum of 3 courses, enrolled in the 2013 fall session.
- Students receiving a PURE and USRP award are not eligible for this award.
Students receiving honoraria for summer research work are not eligible.
What type of work does SUPER Work cover?
- Summer employment pay rate is less than $12.50 per hour (position must adhere to the minimum hourly wage requirements for the Province of Alberta)
- Must be employed full time; working hours defined as a minimum of 30 hours per week to a maximum of 40 hours per week
- Must be employed for a minimum of 12 weeks during May to August
- Must be directly related to the applicant’s degree program or area of concentration
Must hold a GPA of 2.6
How do I apply?
Applications are available online.
Applications will be accepted commencing March 11, 2013 through to the final application deadline of September 13, 2013.
How will I know if my application is approved?
Only successful applicants will be contacted by the Students’ Union. Applications will be processed and conditionally approved on a “first-come-first-served” basis until all available program funds have been allocated.
Successful applicants will be informed via email (or phone if required) within 10 business days from the application deadline.
When will I receive my award?
Reimbursement will be available for pick up at the Students’ Union office within 10 business days from the receipt of the employment confirm and university registration documents. Successful applicants must provide the following documentation by October 4, 2013 in order to receive the award:
- Record of employment confirming EMPLOYER, TOTAL HOURS WORKED and EARNINGS.
- letter from employer confirming ROLE, PAY RATE and EMPLOYMENT START AND END DATES.
- University of Calgary statement of registration for the 2011-2012 academic years.
Verification of Grade Point Average (GPA) for the 2012-2013 academic years.
PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Students’ Union, University of Calgary, is committed to safeguarding the personal information entrusted to us. We manage your personal information in accordance with Alberta’s Personal Information Protection Act.
Call 403-220-6551 for further information on the program
This program is fully funded through the Students’ Union Quality Money Program.